Given the blog is called “Our MINI Clubman Diesel” you may have guessed it already. I’m looking for a MINI Cooper D Clubman.
But the question is why?
And that is really a good question. Maybe you dear reader come to a different conclusion of which car suits me best. I welcome your take, so feel free to leave a comment.
I laid out some of the reasons why I sold my beloved Cooper S Coupe over here already. Now let me explain this a little more in detail.
I bought that car 5 years ago. It was the perfect choice for me back then. But my life has changed dramatically over the past 4 years. And for the good if I may say this up front.
I found the love of my life and our son Tim was born in the summer of 2006. Just about 8 weeks ago our second son Moritz was born. That alone shifts the automobile needs tremendously. However I’m not looking for a family wagon. My wife Kerstin has the pleasure to drive one of those already. And still I now prefer a 4-door over anything 2-door – from the practical point of view. I’m a slim 6.5″ so crawling into the back of a 2-door car to secure my sons into their seats is a crumple.
So some kind of boring 4-door? Let’s see.
Here are my primary needs.
- A car that is fun to drive, lets you feel the road, and lusts for corners.
- A car with a compact exterior, yet roomy enough for my already mentioned 6.5″ frame.
- A car that can easily take on board one and if necessarily both kids without me or them being cramped in.
- A car that is eco-friendly without stretching my budget.
- And of course something with a bit of a flair compensating my dull self.
Does this sound like a MINI Cooper D Clubman to you?
Let me know.